Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm baaaack

It's so nice to be home.

My flight from Shanghai was fine. I got on the flight, ate dinner, watched a movie and then slept for about 6 or 7 hours. I got sick towards the end of the flight so that wasn't much fun - but better on the flight home instead of on the trip. I sat next to a very nice man born in Shanghai and working for a health insurance company in NJ. We talked a lot about the health care system in China and Shanghai in general.

I breezed through customs and found that my flight home was delayed :( At this point I was so close to home, yet so far away. I finally arrived at 10:30 and was home by 11:15. It was very nice of Brian to circle the airport forever waiting for me. Turns out Venki and Keri were on my flight from Chicago so we got to chat at the baggage claim - reliving our trip.

My cats were timid of me at first but came around by the time I was ready for bed. I finally fell asleep by about 12:15am. It was SO nice to sleep in my own bed, I didn't realize how hard the beds were in China until I got into my own bed. It was nice to have down pillows and super soft sheets.

I woke up at 5 a.m. so I called and woke up my mom (whoops!) We talked for about 45 minutes then I decided to get ready for work. It was nice to take a shower in water that didn't smell like dirt. I went to Panera for my favorite coffee drink and got to work about 745.

I survived the day, didn't fall asleep. It was nice to see everyone again! I got caught up on email and such and felt a little sleepy about 2:30. I just sat down and talked with Brian and Gary and that was enough of a rest to get me through the rest of the day. I'm headed to meet baby Alli and then I'm going to do laundry and try to stay up until about 10. We'll see if I make it.

I'm still not feeling all that well today - but I still ate QDoba, it was sooo good! :)

It's so nice to be home. Now back to work - tons to do. I start my new class on Wednesday and I just found out that one of my classes for the fall was cancelled, so that screws my schedule to graduate early. I'll have to find some creative solutions tonight so I can finish early as planned! Back to reality - but that's life.

7 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU ARE BACK HOME BABE! NOW YOU JUST NEED TO DETOX FROM ALL THE CHINESE GERMS YOUR CARRYING. WHAT WAS THAT CRAZY THING GOING AROUND OVER THERE? BIRD FLU OR SOMETHING? :) JUST KIDDING. XOXO, ME.

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is GREAT with our baby blue "back in the saddle" again!

Who loves ya baby

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Klayroark said...

So Frank thinks you have the bird flu that's funny - hope you feel better , I am going to have sugahinchina blog withdrawl. It's been so much fun following your travels, I wish you had a blog back during the ExCo days on the road. I can't wait to visit you in Indy someday and meet your cats and all.

LoveKR

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home