Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Shanghai - The largest port in the world

Shanghai - The largest port in the world
**Just an example of how quickly things can change. I can't log into my blogger account anymore from China. Maybe a connection - but all else is working fine. So thank you to Klayton who has been taking my emails and posting them for me!**

There's a post down below this about the 2nd day in Suzhou.

We arrived in Shanghai later last night and I was amazed when I walked into my room. I've got a Jr suite with this huge marble entry and a huge bedroom/bath. Very nice for only 580 RMB a night. Maybe I'm not ready to go home.... j/k

We woke up to rain which was sad since this was our tour day. We took a tour bus (with a tour guide) around town and saw the local sights. I took the best pictures of the skyline that I could given the conditions.

Pudong - the "new" Shanghai - the up and coming "NYC"

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The building from MI 3

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"old Shanghai"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We went to the Shanghai museum and had an hour to run around the place seeing as much as we could. I visited the seals room, the jade room and the bronze room. Very nice of what I saw. Here's some sky line shots by the museum (mostly hotels).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We walked to have lunch near the Shanghai gardens (this place has a lot of gardens). There was this little kid riding his bike in the MIDDLE of the busy street - everyone was cheering him on - man they start training them early!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tea room outside of the gardens

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We went to the Shanghai gardens after lunch. The gardens start looking the same after you've been in enough of them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A picture of the garden with the city behind it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These lion statues are everywhere and are supposed to bring good luck. The lion on the right is the male and represents the male enjoying sports and having fun (his paw is on a ball). The female lion is on the left and has her paw on the baby lion - representing that the female takes care of the children and family.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I found a factory outlet store (go figure) and bought a new pair of running shoes and the ones I brought are shot. They thought my credit card was fake because of the Marriott Rewards logo in the corner. I went to try on an awesome pair of heels, the lady said they had my size but pointed at my tennis shoes I had on and said I couldn't try them on (as best as I can interpret a woman that doesn't speak english). I don't get it - biatch, I was ready to buy those shoes!!

We had dinner with a guy named Daniel. He's Director of the Asia market for a British firm. His wife is a Kelley MBA grad and that's how our professor met him. Very nice guy, took us to a Chinese restaurant.

A few random ramblings:

-I'm ready to go home. I decided that tonight - I miss my bed, cats and lots of little things.

-I'm getting tired of Chinese food. We have it two times a day (sometimes three depending on the location for breakfast).

-I'm getting good with chopsticks. I do believe I will use them after I get home to eat.

-I hate how you leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door (because you ripped through your suitcase this a.m. and your room is a mess) and they still come in. They did this in Beijing too. Does Mao require maids to enter every room each day (I realize he's dead)?

-I've done a lot of reflection and I've realized it's time for change.

-I'VE HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE AND I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD! :)

Okay time to go straighten and prepare for our meetings tomorrow - FedEx and Cisco. Then dinner with a Kelly SOB alum.

peace out.

9 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Klayroark said...

wow and it looks like a normal post - I need to start me one of these Blogger sites.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're the best Klayton! Thanks for helping Chrissy with the blogs

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember that building from MI3 as I just saw it the other day. Everything looks so amazing. I can't wait to see the 1.2+GB of pictures.

Have fun babe!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Shanghai was a modern looking city with such big and interesting buildings!

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home